Active-TV Technology for iPhone and iPod touch

Active-TV Technology for iPhone and iPod touch
Navigate YouTube

Navigate YouTube available at iTunes App Sore

An easy to use iPhone and iPod touch App that enables both new and advanced YouTube users to get the best from YouTube.

Browse video Standard Feeds, Categories, Channels and Playlists. Then organize new videos into your own favorites and playlists. Make playlists private or public. Subscribe to other user's playlists and video collections for future viewing. Subscribe to videos matching search-words.

Look at publicly viewable favorite videos, playlists and subscriptions based on your YouTube friends, family and contacts. Send and receive video links with YouTube contacts via YouTube video messages.

Search for new videos tagged for your language or geographical region, using local keyboard. Explore for new videos via easy switching of user ID to the owner of interesting videos - then explore their world.

All actions are kept in sync with PC, Mac or Apple-TV access to YouTube. Available at Apple App Store.

active-TV technology for PC

active-TV technology for PC
Windows PC based home network

Friday, December 16, 2005

One remote and one cable to the TV

Digital-Enthusiasts PC Users,

Last week there was a NY-Times article very critical of Digital-Home developments. I agreed with most of the comments. Many readers responded to the article, see http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/technology/circuits.html

About 80% of responders shared the negative view of what has so far been offered to the consumer. Here is a good example:

"I concur with Steve Jobs: I run to my TV for escape. I carry a BlackBerry during the day and am not afraid to use it. I have a Bluetooth earpiece that I wear even in the office. I'm wireless autosyncing every 2 minutes. BUT when I get home at night, especially if the day was bad, I watch old cartoons, 'Three Stooges,' or 'Murder, She Wrote'-as far removed from my reality as I can find. You come anywhere near my TV with that Internet Ethernet cable, and I will shoot to kill."

The NYTimes author responds with “As for me, I say: agreed. Call me when it's all in one component with one remote and one cable to the TV.”

Active-TV technology has taken the critic above into consideration more than any other PC-industry approach. The objective is a single STB with the video-content delivered directly to the box. Thin-client technology is integrated into the box, resulting in a single IR remote. Active-TV technlogy does not turn a PC into a media-hub or media-server – keeps the PC out of the critical path – better supports notebook users.

I think the Steve Jobs’ Front Row UI for the TV is wonderfully better than the current Media Center 10-foot UI. Active-TV colaborators are working to build Media Applications (TV-web channels) which are not like PC web pages but are interesting, useful and attractive to the critic above. Too many of the existing MCE Spotlights look like web pages – and remind me and the critic above of looking at the PC monitor at work.

Media Applications must make the TV more interesting, more relaxing and more enjoyable, even for our critical reviewers. The kids can choose MTV-Overdrive. The comment: “far removed from my reality”, indicates an interest in long-tail-content. The Media Application is ideally suited to finding and enjoyably presenting long-tail-content – An example of this is the BBC iMP.

Active-TV technlogy continues to benefit from getting non PC industry colaborators helping determine the Media Applications which really resonate with a wide audience.

No comments: